Select Your User-type
Instructions differ for Clever and Non-Clever users. Please follow the appropriate instructions for your user type. Clients that use Clever for single sign on, follow the instructions in the Clever Users section. Clients that do not use Clever for single sign-on, follow the instructions in the Non-Clever Users section.
Clients that use Clever for single sign-on must enter and edit all course, teacher, and student data directly through Clever and should not follow the instructions in the Non-Clever Users section. Changes such as these should not be made directly in MI Write. Although it is possible to make such changes directly in MI Write, all changes will be lost after the next Clever-MI Write data sync which typically occurs once daily. Clever data will sync with MI Write according to the preset sharing rules that are established in Clever.
Creating New Student Accounts
As a School Admin account holder, you have the ability to manually create accounts for new students. Teachers are unable to create new accounts, so they will request new student accounts from you.
Once your initial roster has been completed and uploaded, you can manually create accounts for new students. Note: If multiple new accounts are needed at once, importing another roster may be more efficient.
1. To manually create a student account, on the Users tab, enter the name of the student in the search bar to confirm that they do not already have an account.
- To filter by user type, select students in the Only show users who are drop-down menu.
- Check the Include inactive users checkbox to include users with inactive/disabled accounts in the search.
2. If no Active or Inactive/Disabled user is found in your search, click +Add and select Add Student from the drop-down menu.
3. On the Manage User page, fill in the information. The required fields are indicated with a red asterisk.
- Note: Student usernames and passwords are automatically generated.
4. Click Save.
Inactive/Disabled User Found
1. If an inactive/disabled user was found in your search, click on the username, displayed in green, in the User Name column.
2. To confirm that the inactive/disabled MI Write account is for the correct person, match the Name and Date of Birth on the Manage User page.
3. If the name and date of birth for the inactive/disabled account match, change the Status from Inactive to Active.
4. In the Password section, click Show to display the Current Password. Change the password if desired. Provide the current or changed password to the user.
5. Click Save.